• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

NER Coaches

Started by John Candy, Jan 14 2020 19:19

« previous - next »

John Candy

Does anyone have a book on NER coaches which covers diagrams from the early 1900's?
I have seen photos (taken 1904 to 1908) of trains of NER stock with flat sides (i.e.no tumblehome) and would be interested in knowing further details with possibility of obtaining drawings.
The photos are of excursion trains of bogie stock and would appear to be side corridor lavatory stock but is not clear from photos whether or not there are corridor gangway connections between the coaches. The stock looks to be quite new and (for the period) "modern-looking".
Regards,
John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

cabbage

John,
I have a copy of "Great Northern Railways and East Coast Joint Stock Carriages" which I could bring to the AGM. It is littered with drawing.

Regards

Ralph

John Candy

Thank you Ralph.

That will be most helpful .... if it contains the drawings for the carriages I mentioned, I will then order a copy.

Regards,
John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.