• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.
 
The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

A Picture Gallery?

Started by John Candy, Jul 23 2022 11:42

« previous - next »

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

John Candy

If I install a photo gallery (I own a domain named gauge3.gallery), there are two questions.
1) Will you use it to upload photos of your lines/completed stock (as opposed to W.I.P. which should continue to accompany posts in the relevnt category)?
2) Any suggestions as to the software (e.g. Coppermine / 4images, etc.).

Several years ago (while I was webmaster for gauge3.org.uk) I added a "4images" gallery and it was quite well used...anyone remember that?

Here are a couple of photos of LMS 7709, from a portfolio of photos prepared for me by Mark Thatcher.

John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

John Branch

I would be happy to post photos for members interest, but would I need to acquire new  software?
John

John Candy

John,
No software required by "users"; it would work in similar fashion to this forum.
You would login to your allocated gallery account and upload your photos.
Regards,
John.
 
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

John Candy

Although there has (so far) been a "limited response" to my photo gallery offer, I have set up gauge3.gallery , using the "4images" management system.
You can self-register as a user but I have to check/activate all applicants (for obvious reasons).

To make it easier to verify identities, please use the same email address that you have registered with the G3Forum.

Regards,
John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

AshleyW

is this via the forum ,or do we bookmark it as a seperate entity? ash

John Candy

QuoteQuote from: AshleyW on 25/07/2022, 22:10:24is this via the forum ,or do we bookmark it as a seperate entity? ash
The gallery is a separate domain.
To link an image to a forum post you need to insert the URL of the image into the message.

The gallery software (4images) prohibits "hotlinking" by default (meaning you cannot directly insert images into an external website such as this forum) but I am seeking a "workaround" .... it relates to the handling of "tokens" in the software.

Here is a guide to registering with and using the gallery
https://g3forum.org.uk/index.php/topic,2990.0.html

Regards,
John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

John Branch

Hi, John,

Thanks for your guide, unfortunately it has led me up the garden path fairly comprehensively.  having selected the picture, described and titled it, I then spent 25 minutes entering the capture digits and being promptly bounced back to the beginning again.  Having got everything right, it tells me that the length, width and height of the image is not allowed.  I have given up.  Do I have to re-save every pic at lower resolution?

John