Author Topic: Elevated Track Supports  (Read 3966 times)

Offline John Candy

Elevated Track Supports
« on: May 03 2009 17:32 »
To include as an item in the 'Getting Started' section of the website I am seeking designs for elevated trackbed supports which are both simple to fabricate and cost-effective.
If you have constructed such a trackbed, from timber, steel, concrete, plastic drainpipe (or whatever) please send your designs with construction tips, drawings and/or photos.

Thank you.

John.
webmaster@gauge3.org.uk

My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Offline keith Bristol

Re: Elevated Track Supports
« Reply #1 on: May 20 2009 20:10 »
John

Attached is a photo of teh method that I have used. It is a 100 x 100 fence post from a quality fencing merchant, cut to a set height with 600mm buired in 1/2 bag of post mix in the ground. Deck is 18mm OSB board supported on 50 x 50 bearers. Posts are set 600 - 800 apart and covered in roofing felt sealed withlap cement.

Keith

Offline John Candy

« Reply #2 on: May 21 2009 21:49 »
Keith,

Thank you for explaining your method.
When I have gathered a few more, I will include them all in a 'Getting Started' article for the website.

John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Offline keith Bristol

« Reply #3 on: May 21 2009 22:04 »
Another Picture of the construction

Offline MikeWilliams

« Reply #4 on: May 21 2009 22:35 »
Keith, showing my ignorance here, what's "OSB board"?

Mike

Offline MikeWilliams

« Reply #5 on: May 22 2009 12:45 »
Sory - just realises - Orientated Strand Board - the stuff they use for shuttering and boarding on building sites.

Mike